Genymotion adb Connect Device Offline
Jan 25, 2017
Fixing an issue where a Genymotion device always appears offline from within Parallels.
The Genymotion device connects OK, but it will always appear offline when listed in adb devices.
As such Visual Studio running inside Parallels can not deploy to the device.
- Close all existing Genymotion devices
- Kill any existing adb processes on the Mac
- Update the Genymotion settings to set a custom SDK path, but leave the path empty.
- Relaunch the Genymotion device
- When asked if you wish to use the default SDK select No
Close down all existing virtual devices and then in the Genymotion settings change the ABD to use a custom SDK, instead of entering a value, leave this field blank.
check Activity Monitor and kill any current adb processes.
When restarting the device, ensure you select no at when given the SDK warning.
Reconnect in Parallels
Reconnect to the device in Parallels and it should now work.